Moving More, Eating Smarter Communities Program
The Moving More, Eating Smarter Communities Program encourages and supports North Dakota communities in their quest to help their citizens lead healthier lives and build a Healthy North Dakota.
Goals of the Moving More, Eating Smarter (MMES) Communities Program are to encourage North Dakotans to:
- make smart choices from every food group and
- move more on most days of the week.
Hats off to the MMES community coalitions!
- Barnes On the Move Partnership
- Bismarck: Moving More, Eating Smarter/ Go! Bismarck Mandan
- Cavalier County – Move To Better Health
- Dakota Corners Health Coalition, Hettinger
- Fargo: Moving More, Eating Smarter/Cass-Clay Healthy People Initiative
- Fort Berthold Healthy Living Coalition: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Grand Forks: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Healthy Lifestyle Coalition, Jamestown
- Minot Area Team Wellness
- Morton County: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Nelson, Griggs & Steele Counties: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Richland County: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Rolette County: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- South Central Partnership: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Southwest Healthy Eating - Active Living Network, Dickinson
- Walsh County: Moving More, Eating Smarter
- Williston: Moving More, Eating Smarter
To view a map of the community coalition coverage areas, click here
To learn more about the community coalitions, click here
To view contact information for the community coalitions, click here
MMES communities are recognized based on their plans to
- establish and maintain a coalition that includes members with nutrition and physical activity experience, the business community and influential leadership
- implement plans that work to attain the program goals through activities and interventions to raise awareness and provide residents with opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to change behavior
- work to change local policies and environment to enable people to choose healthier lifestyles.
Interested in your North Dakota community getting recognized as MMES community? Contact Deanna Askew (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Partners in the Moving More, Eating Smarter Communities Program are the North Dakota Department of Health, the NDSU Extension Service, and Healthy North Dakota.